8/21/13

IT'S WHAT'S INSIDE THAT COUNTS

A peak inside my daily commuter bag, the Black Label Messenger in Storm out now for Fall. The marketing team sat me down and poured through my bag. Click through the jump to see the full post.



1. MAC BOOK PRO:

My Mac Book goes everywhere with me and that's an understatement. I also like to adorn it with stickers from some of my favorite brands and organizations like Vans, Surfrider Foundation, Circle City Hotrods, and Sids Tattoo.

2. KLEAN KANTEEN CLASSIC WITH SPILL PROTECTOR:

I really love this company, from what they have done as a business to shift the tide socially, and also from a branding sense. When people think stainless water bottles, they think Klean Kanteen.

3.ALMOND OIL DAILY HAND & NAIL CREAM BY THE BODY SHOP:

Not so tough but essential. Cruelty free, double-plus.

4.BORN FREE 5 TRUCKER CAP:

Picked this up at the most recent Born Free

5.FOLDING WAYFARERS BY RAY BAN:

The most innovative thing to happen to eyewear since the Wayfarer itself.

6.SPIN DOCTOR BIKE TOOL:

This is the best bike tool you can get. I also moonlight as a bike mechanic for the Bicycle Tree you should check them out, great charity.

7.6OZ FAIR TRADE MEDIUM ROAST COFFEE BY KEAN COFFEE:

This is the best coffee around. I swear by it and these little bags get me through a long day. It also makes my bag smell great.

8. MAGAZINES BY DICE AND SUNSET: 

Two fave mags: Sunset and Dice. Great when reading online gives me a headache.

9.BANDANA BY HARVEYS: 

This bandana comes in handy for chain grease and the occasional hot day. I am really proud of the graphic design on this simple piece.

10.LEATHERMAN MICRA KEYCHAIN MULTITOOL:

Serious man essential and made in the U.S. to boot.

11.CLICK AND GO WRISTLET IN BLACK BY HARVEYS:

Even guys lose their keys in their bags.

12. MICRO ROCKET MINI PUMP BY TOPEAK:

This has saved my life over and over again. I bike commute on the daily so having this in my messenger is very necessary.

13.#2 RETRACTABLE ROLLERBALL PEN BY ACME:

This is a play on something iconic and has just become a standard for me. Everyone at the office knows it's my pen so I never lose it, except for a very brief, very sad period last year. I look at this and smile. Great design should make you happy.