8/19/13

I LOVE MY (TOY)CAR

If you're a follower of the Seatbelt Blog you probably already know the back story for how we came up with the bag. It involves a mid-century Buick, some leftover seatbelt and the rest is history. We at Harveys are in love with all things automotive. From old hot rods to the innovative Tesla, we find inspiration from the combination of something rugged and tough yet also sleek and sexy. My biggest inspiration, though, would have to be my little girls and playing blocks and cars and even make-up has become a way funner hobby then tinkering in the garage. I stumbled across this great Kickstarter for MO-TO Heirloom Wood Cars. They have brilliantly combined my three favorite things: mid-century design, classic cars, and play. Check them out and back their Kickstarter campaign if you dig the concept as much as me.


Here are a few vintage toy cars from my collection on display in my office. As you can see they have been well played with.