11/25/12

Go Green and Be Blue

I love getting to meet our customers at our events but there are so many of you that I don't get the opportunity to meet in person, luckily there's email. So is the case with Danielle Dion who lives in Ottawa, ON, Canada where she works on a whale watching boat. We've been emailing back and forth for a few years now and I'm always amazed and what she does and how she cares so deeply for these great animals and their environment. She recently sent this email and shared this very special bag that she bought:
Hey Dana, I haven't emailed you in a long time and I just wanted to say hello and let you know I am still LOVING all my Harveys (including my new-to-me red lola satchel...this is one sexy bag).  I carry only Harveys but I did just get a new bag and I wanted to share it with you, it's from a small company called Sea Bags in Portland, ME and they make bags and accessories out of recycled sails (like from sail boats) and I had them make me a custom bag with a specific whale on it.  It's a critically endangered north Atlantic right whale named Tips that I spent a lot of time with a few seasons ago. Just thought I would share cause I know how earth friendly you guys are. I was talking with some of my seatbelt facebook friends (we have such a great community) and it would be so amazing to see a canvas seatbelt strap tote with a whale or ocean theme on it for Earth Day or even World Oceans Day!  I have tonnes of pics you could use for inspiration :)

Cheers, Danielle Dion

Thanks for sharing Danielle. It's so great to see another Bag Company recycling, kudos to Sea Bags. We often think of being "Green" to preserve our environment but being "Blue" is just as important.
Do you think we should do an Ocean Themed bag for Earth Day?