9/19/12

The "IT" Fall Color

As designers, we're always on the lookout for the latest trends. What do we see in magazines, what are bloggers posting about, what colors/patterns are we seeing the most at our choice stores? In most cases, if they're talkin' about it, and we're seeing it everywhere, it's bound to be "big".

That said, the "it" color for fall is Maroon! (swoon)









Our Associate Designer, Cheryl, did a bit of research and selected some of her fave Maroon items:



1. This Lace Panel Button up blouse from Forever 21 is oh-so-femme! I love lace, bows, and all things girlie!


2. I LOVE MODCLOTH!!!!! This Burgh-undy Coat from Modcloth.com is so chic with its pleated wrist cuffs, it's oversized buttons, and shall collar. All you need to wear with it are jeans, a t-shirt, and matching Colorblock Warm Small Belle.


3. I love making my shoes (and of course my Seatbeltbag) a pop of color for any outfit. These "Wearme" Wedges my Steve Madden are super comfortable, too! 


4. OPI's Fall "Germany" nail polish collection features tons of amazing fall inspired colors. German-icure is my personal favorite. I mean, I'm German after all! 



5. Colored denim is SOOOO in right now! These Maroon Levis from Urban Outfitters are fun, but not too color "overwhelming". I'd wear them with a natural colored top and shoes.


As you can see Maroon is everywhere this season. According to Cosmopolitan magazine it is "the new neutral."

How do you love Maroon?