8/26/11

Find Balance

A few of us in the office are training for a 5K run to benefit a local charity.
I really needed a new pair of running shoes and wanted to find a company that makes their shoes in the USA. A quick google search brought up this video.
I'm not a big fan of all the high tech looking sneakers a lot of companies are producing but I remembered that New Balance had a very classic sneaker and was happy to find out that they still offer that style today. They call it their #574.
Before I placed my order I had a few questions so I called the customer service line. The gentleman that answered was very helpful and was able to answer all of my questions. I wanted to make sure that the pair I was buying was indeed made in the USA. As I was placing my order with him, I gave him my email address and he said, "Wait, you're Dana Harvey the maker of the Seatbeltbags". It turns out his sister-in-law is a big fan and has a very large collection of our bags. What a small world.
I got my shoes a few days later and I have to tell you, these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I'm not kidding. The first time I wore them I was expecting to have a break-in period but I was pleasantly surprised. I find myself wanting to wear them all the time now, not just for running. I just placed an order for another pair. Thank you New Balance for not only making shoes in the USA but for making a darn good shoe at that. Keep up the good work.