2/12/11

Paint by Numbers Mickey

When Disney asked me to Paint a blank Mickey, I really had no idea what to do, so I asked you and got a bunch of really good ideas. Then it hit me... Paint by Numbers Mickey!
Here's some pics of the Work in Progress
First I sketched the seatbelt weave in pencil. It was quite a challenge working around all the curves.
My good friend Doug Dorr volunteered to help with the paint which took over 8 hours. Doug is an amazing pin striping artist. I'll be doing a blog post on him soon.
Here he is ready to go back in his box, complete with paint pallet, brush and LTD hang tags.
And now he's on his way back to Disney.
I'm excited for next Saturday's event. We'll be at Vault 28 in Downtown Disney from 3-6pm. 
We've been working on some new things and there will be some special GWP's (Gifts with Purchase)
Hope you can make it.