7/13/10

Army Navy Surplus

This weekend I took my nephew to his favorite place, The Army Navy Surplus store.
They have so many interesting things there, like old ammo boxes, cadet caps and even an old dog tag machine.


I found this old compass pouch that's the perfect size for my iphone. I noticed that the clip on the back could work on seatbelt so I picked it up for a mere $2.99.
It looks right at home clipped onto an "Armed with Roses" bag. 
Here's how it works: The bar slides up and then down behind the seatbelt to hold it securely. Heck if it can hold a grenade it should be able to hold my iphone, right? These clips are part of the "A.L.I.C.E." system which stands for All-purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment and has been used by the US military since 1973. See illustration below. 


We're working on some more "girly" options so you may see some from HARVEYS soon. In the meantime, head on down to your local Army Navy surplus store or grab one off ebay.