2/2/11

Lunch Box

This past Sunday I took the girls to the Antique Mall in Old Town Orange. Believe it or not, it's a great place to get new ideas for bags. The girls loved it and I had a blast showing them some of the things that were around when I was a kid like Typewriters, Rotary Telephones and these old Metal Lunch Boxes. 

Then I got to thinking "Wow, these things could tell the story of my childhood". Sort of a Lunch Box Anthology.
Every Sunday night the whole family sat down in front of the TV and watched The Wonderful World of Disney
I loved Pink Panther and coveted his pink spaceship looking car in the opening titles.

Hanna-Barbera cartoons were the Hippest and in my opinion, still are to this day.
Before there was Bay Watch, The Hoff was Michael Knight.

The Partridge Family was the 2nd coolest Family in the 70's.
The Brady Bunch was #1 of course. I mean, what are the chances of a lovely Lady who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls, meeting a Man named Brady who was busy with 3 boys of his own?
 I just saw this "car" at the Grand National Roadster Show.
 My parents took me to see Donny and Marie in concert. She was a little bit Country and he was a little bit Rock 'N Roll.
 I saw the Globetrotters perform when I was 8 and it changed my life. All I wanted to do was play Basketball from then on. It took me about 6 years to master the one finger B-ball spin.
And finally THE BEE GEES or as I like to call them the BEES KNEES because for a brief moment in time, they ruled the world. My big sis' actually wore out their record from listening to it so much. Need I say more?

BTW, I found some great ideas for new bags. No! Not lunch boxes! Anyway, thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me.