5/1/10

New Print on the Block

As a teenager I often spent my summer vacations working with my uncle, building with bricks and cinder blocks. This gave me a great appreciation for decorative blocks especially in Mid-Century Modern architecture. Each block has a shape that adds to an overall pattern once it's assembled. Some people will see a particular shape within the pattern and others will see a whole different shape in the same pattern. 
On a recent family vacation to Palm Springs, California (the Mecca of Mid-Century Modern Design) I was inspired by a Lattice Block wall and thought it would make an amazing print for our bags. 
The Lattice print releases this coming First Friday and I'm very excited because we've done something with this print that we've never done before. Hmmm... I wonder, what could it be? Well, here are some of my favorite examples of Mid-Century Modern Block Designs.